Master of Nursing programs are offered on campus on full time study schedules, is a two year program. After successful completion, candidate can work as a specialty nurse, tutor or administrator.
Masters in Nursing – Specialties
- Medical Surgical Nursing -Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing–Critical Care Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing –Oncology Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing – Neurosciences Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing – Nephro- Urology Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing -Orthopedic Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing – Gastro Enterology Nursing
- Obstetric & Gynaecological Nursing
- Pediatric (Child Health) Nursing
- Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
The below given are the common papers included in the syllabus:
- Advanced concepts of health and nursing
- Education and nursing education
- Bio-statistics, research methodology and nursing research
- Administration and nursing administration
OTHER MASTERS PROGRAMS FOR NURSES
MBA PROGRAMS FOR NURSING GRADUATES
- MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management
- MBA in Hospital Administration
- MBA in Hospital & Health System Management
- MBA in Health Care Services Management
- MBA in Biotechnology
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Senapati Bapat, Road, Pune-411004, offers MBA in hospital and health care management, a two-year full time Master’s degree program. Graduates in any discipline including nursing with 50 per cent marks are eligible for admission.The selection is based on the SNAP test score, group discussion and personal interview.
- The Department of Management Studies under the Madurai Kamaraj University in collaboration with Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre, Madurai, offers MBA in hospital administration. Graduates in any discipline can apply. The selection is based on the performance in the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET), group discussion and interview. Website: www.mkuniversity.org.
- The Manipal University, Manipal-576014, offers an MBA course in hospital administration and health care management. More information can be collected from the university website www.manipal.edu.
- The Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Porur, Chennai-600116 offers MBA in hospital and health systems management. The selection is based on an all India level entrance test. Website: www.srmu.edu.
- The Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences, Nugambakkam, Chennai-600034 offers an MBA programme in health care services management in affiliation with Alagappa University. Graduates in any discipline with 50 per cent marks can apply for admission.
- The Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai-600044, offers MBA in hospital and health systems management.
- The Department of Management Sciences under the University of Pune offers an MBA course in biotechnology. Science, medical, engineering and pharmacy graduates with at least 45 per cent marks can apply. Website: www.pumba.in.
MASTERS IN HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION
- The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai-400088 offer Master of Health Administration and Master of Hospital Administration programmes.The selection is based on a national level entrance test, group discussion and a personal interview. Website: www.tiss.edu.
- The School of Medical Education under the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, offers Master of Hospital Administration course on a self-financing basis.Entry qualification is a degree with at least 50 per cent marks. Website: www.mguniversity.edu.
- The Department of Commerce and Management Studies under the University of Calicut conducts a Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) course. Website: www.universityofcalicut.info.
- The Amrita School of Arts and Science, Kochi- 682024, offers a Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) course for graduates in any discipline with 50 per cent marks. Website: (www.amrita.edu)
- The CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore-641006, offers a Master’s degree course in hospital management (MHM) and postgraduate diploma course in hospital health care management. Website: www.cmscbc.com.
- The Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad- 500034 in co-operation with Hinduja Institute of Healthcare Management, offers a PG diploma course in hospital management course for graduates in any discipline with 60 per cent marks.
- Christian Medical College, Vellore-632002 offers diploma courses in hospital administration for graduates and fellowship in hospital administration to postgraduates. Website: http://home.cmcvellore.ac.in
MASTERS OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- The Tata Institute of Medical Sciences (TISS) Mumbai offers a Master of Public Health programme. Those who have Master’s degree in any discipline, MBBS or Bachelor’s degree holders in any discipline with at least two years work experience in the health sector after graduation are eligible for admission. Medical graduates should have completed their internship. Selection is based on an entrance test, interview and academic merit.
- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani (Rajasthan) offers Master of Public Health Programme. Those who have obtained MBBS, BDS, M.Sc. Nursing with at least 60 per cent marks in aggregate are eligible for admission.
- The All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata offers an MPH programme for meritorious graduates.
- The Allahabad Agricultural Institute (Deemed University) conducts MPH course in reproductive health. Graduates in any discipline are eligible for admission.
- The School of Medical Education under Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, offers MPH programme on self-financing basis; course duration is two years.Any graduate with at least 50 per cent marks are eligible for admission.