MASTER OF NURSING
Nursing is different from other health care provider course by their approach to patient care, training, and scope of practice. Nursing has different scope of practice and level of authority. Nursing has changed from the old practice of providing care within the ordering circle of physician and came to a level to practice independently in a variety of settings depending on training level.
At present in India there are more than 400 college of nursing provides MSc Nursing degree course in different specialties.The programme prepares nurses for leadership position in nursing and other health fields who can function as specialists nurse practitioners, consultants ,educators ,administrators and investigators in a wide variety of professional setting.
Eligibility Criteria for Master of Nursing in India
- BSc. Nursing/post certificate BSc from a recognized university
- Have a minimum of one year of experience after obtaining BSc, in hospitals or nursing educational institutions or community health setting
- BSc Nursing post certificate candidate has no need for such experience.
Specialties in Master of Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing -Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing–Critical Care Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing –Oncology Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing – Neurosciences Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing – Nephro- Urology Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing -Orthopedic Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing – Gastro Enterology Nursing
- Obstetric & Gynaecological Nursing
- Paediatric (Child Health) Nursing
- Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
Four common papers are there included in the syllabus. They are:
- Advanced concepts of health and nursing
- Education and nursing education
- Bio-statistics, research methodology and nursing research
- Administration and nursing administration
Study Maters in nursing Abroad
Master of Nursing in Australia
Masters degree program is specifically designed for graduates of any Bachelor of Nursing degree to enable them to extend their nursing knowledge and skills in a specialist setting.
The Masters program consists of 24 units which can be completed in 1.5 years full-time or equivalent part-time. This consists of core courses focusing on research skills training, leadership and management, and education, specific fields of study courses and the opportunity to pursue two elective. . The majority of students opt to undertake the Masters program on a part-time basis to accommodate work and family life commitments.Credit for prior learning may be given for registered nurses with other previously completed postgraduate study.
Majors/Specializations in Master of nursing in Australia
- Master of Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Aged Care Management
- Children and Young People’s Health
- Chronic Disease and Palliative Care
- Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing
- Primary Health Care Nursing
- Rural and Remote Nursing
Study Master of Nursing in U.K
Many of the Indian students going to U.K to do their masters in nursing. Duration of the course varies from 1- 2 years depends on the specialty, qualification and work experience of the candidate in the related field.
Duration:1-2 year full-time depends on specialty and experience
Degree in nursing with minimum of two years experience in nursing practice.
IELTS – score id diffenrent for each university
Majors/Specializations in Master of Nursing In U.K
- MSc in Advanced Nursing
- MSc in Midwifery
- MSc in Adult Care
- MSc in Child care
- MSc in Mental health